Monday, June 25, 2012

Vegan Tofu & Vegetable Curry

I absolutely love thai yellow curry! It's so sweet with that perfect little hint of spice. It's one of my favorite "take out" orders I call in at least once a month. Well, i finally perfected my own recipe that will not only save money (really this is so cheap to make!), but also is a lot healthier than the "take out" version.

Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons of yellow curry paste 
  • 1 can of coconut milk
  • 1 14 ounce package of extra firm tofu
  • 2 medium carrots 
  • 1 cup of cauliflower 
  • 1 small onion  (I like to use sweet onions)
  • 1 medium zucchini
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 potato ( I like to use a sweet potato) 
  • 2 cups of spinach
  • 3 teaspoons of sugar
  • 1/2 cup water




Instructions 

  1. In a large frying pan or pot, on medium, heat add 1 can of coconut milk along with 3 tablespoons of the curry paste. Stir together until well blended. 
  2. Cut the tofu into small cubes and add to your curry.
  3. Chop all of the vegetables and add them to your curry. 
  4. Add 1/2 cup of water
  5. Add 3 teaspoons of sugar
  6. Simmer on medium heat for 15 - 20 minutes
  7. Once curry is about ready add your 2 cups of spinach and simmer for 2 more minutes.
  8. Serve over rice
Enjoy!!


1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo!! I love recipes with pictures! I can't wait to try some of the ones you post! Oh! And I made that cauliflower soup recipe you gave me, and it was so good!! Because I have that spicy Mexican blood, I added 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper, and it gave just the right amount of warmth. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete