Friday, June 29, 2012

Carrot Cake Smoothie

As long as I can remember, I've hated eating breakfast. I know how important breakfast is, especially for keeping a healthy weight,  but I've never been a breakfast person. I'm never hungry in the mornings and usually have to force myself to try to eat something. That's why a smoothie is my best friend in the morning. They're easy to make, you can take them on the go, and they can be very filling and healthy.  
Here's a recipe I recently tried from Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth a great blog I've been following.


1 cup chopped carrots
1 frozen banana
6oz cup Chobani Pineapple Greek Yogurt 
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk 
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground ginger
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add almond milk as needed to acquire your desired thickness.
Note: For a vegan option, omit the Greek yogurt (and almond milk) and sub with 1 cup of coconut milk instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment