Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Stinking Rose - Bagna Càuda

One of my absolute favorite restaurants is The Stinking Rose in Los Angeles (though there is also one located in SF). If you're a lover of garlic like me, you must try it out sometime. All of their recipes are loaded with garlic, even their ice cream! I've been going there for many, many years and one of the main reasons is their appetizer called Bagna Càuda (which translates to mean "hot dip.") It's one of the most amazing things my tastebuds have ever encountered. And it's super easy to make. 


                                         Bagna Càuda 

Did I mention it was super easy to make!?! Only 4 ingredients: 
                                
                                            Ingredients: 



  • 1/2 cups peeled garlic cloves (I hate peeling garlic so I like to buy the packs of already peeled garlic from Trader Joes)
  • 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 (2 ounce) can of anchovies 
*Vegan option- use vegan butter and substitute anchovies with capers (1 tablespoon) 



1 comment:

  1. How long should it bake? At what temp? Should it be covered? Thanks for including a vegetarian option too!

    ReplyDelete