Friday, May 23, 2014

Roasted Cauliflower Hummus




If beans don't agree with you or you're trying to eat raw, clean or paleo this recipe is for you. I'm a HUGE lover of hummus. It's probably my favorite go-to snack of all time. I guess I'm sort of a hummus snob, so I didn't expect much with this recipe. My expectations were low in thinking that this would come out tasting like my favorite classic hummus recipes. Well…I was wrong. This is pretty darn good and it's pretty darn good for you. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!






                                    Ingredients 


  • 1 medium head of cauliflower 
  • cooking spray
  • 1/3 cup tahini
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic
  • salt & pepper to taste 



                                      Directions



  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil or cooking spray.
  2. Place cauliflower florets on baking sheet. Spray with additional oil or cooking spray. Roast for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and cool.
  3. Combine cauliflower, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in food processor. Process until smooth. Add water one tablespoon at a time for a thinner consistency, if desired.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve with lemon wedges, pita bread, and fresh veggies.




No comments:

Post a Comment