Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Yummy No-Bake Energy Bites





It's been awhile since I've posted anything on this blog. Feels good to be back. Lots of things have changed. Most importantly... I'm a new mommy now! I have a 12 week old lil girl named Olive. She's my world and I've been trying to eat super healthy to be the best I can be for her. When I was searching for healthy snacks I came across this recipe in an online breastfeeding group that I'm in. When becoming a nursing mother, you have to constantly eat (hopefully healthy) to help your body continue to produce the much needed milk for your little one. I've tried about 4 different protein bars, balls, you name it, recipes and although they were all good, this one is my favorite. I love these! So easy to make and such a great snack even though they taste more like a dessert to me. They're great for everyone and also a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt. These are vegan, gluten free and have no refined sugar. Super easy snack to have on hand for anyone! Enjoy!





Ingredients  






 

  •  1 cup (dry) oatmeal
  • 2/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut 
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter you prefer)
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I used cacao nibs, but you could also use raisins)
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract    



Directions

Combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for about half an hour. Once chilled, roll into 1" balls and store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. Now how easy it that!?

 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment